This page contains an overview of the changes that are implemented in each release.
This is the first release with a regular evaluation function. It’s a slightly enhanced version of the one that participated in TCEC season 14, division 3.
Changes compared to 1.023T (TCEC14 div3 version)
- Probcut pruning (first time with some results)
- Bugfix which caused rofChade to crash against Arasan. Due to different iteration increments (even 2 or more) of helper threads, a thread could search beyond the maximum depth
- Change in maximum search time for a move (not more then half of the remaining time)
- No usage of the hash table in quiescence
Changes compared to 1.019T (TCEC14 div4 version)
- Retuning of eval parameters
- More aggressive LMP and LMR
- LMR also for pvNodes
Changes compared to 1.01 (PST/material only version with restructured sources)
- Evaluation added for pawns, mobility, king safety and threats
- Multiple smaller changes
- Restructure of eval into combined MG/EG values (stockfish like)
- Texeltuning framework for easy tuning of eval parameters, including source generation for parameter values
Changes compared to 1.0
- Restructuring of sources into multiple files
- changed searchRoot from aspiration per root move to aspiration for total search
- changed searchRoot from root ordering based on nof nodes to regular move ordering
- Better lazy SMP scaling
- In infinite mode, the search doesn’t stop after a confirmed mate is found
This is the initial external release. See technical page for details.